With SEC basketball media day set to take place this week, it’s that time of year where previews start popping up all over the place.
That’s no different here on Southeast Hoops as the previews continue to roll on.
The newest preview is a YouTube video podcast with myself and Tony Patelis (@CollegeHoopNews) that’s filled with a complete breakdown of all 14 SEC teams.
We also touch on our picks for regular season champion, Player of the Year, and much more.
Topics of discussion in this hour and a half long preview:
- The depth of the SEC as a whole
- Dazon Ingram’s development
- What Arkansas needs to do to return to the NCAA Tournament
- Why Auburn is one of the most talented teams in the conference
- KeVaughn Allen as an SEC Player of the Year candidate
- Realistic expectations for Georgia after losing J.J. Frazier
- Who could lead Kentucky in scoring this season
- Will Wade overhauling the culture at LSU
- Whether this is the year that Mississippi State finally breaks through
- The program-changing addition of Michael Porter Jr. at Missouri
- Why Ole Miss could potentially have the best backcourt in the SEC
- Depth issues at South Carolina
- Tennessee as a possible sleeper team
- How Texas A&M can win the regular season title
- The importance of Vanderbilt’s big three following the departure of Luke Kornet
- So much more
Be sure to stay tuned to the site this week for complete coverage of SEC Tipoff ’17 which will take place on Wednesday.
We’ll also continue to have player previews and power rankings going up to get you ready for the start of the season on November 10.
Have thoughts on the podcast? Hit me up on Twitter @theblakelovell.