Texas A&M appears to be hitting its groove after scoring its biggest win of the season at Auburn.
The Aggies held on for a 81-80 victory on Wednesday, which helped Billy Kennedy’s team up move up 10 spots to No. 20 overall in the RPI.
As expected, the loss did very little to hurt the Tigers, with Auburn only dropping four spots to No. 9.
Florida gained a spot after its win over LSU, and Vanderbilt moved up a couple of spots with a much-needed home victory over Georgia.
But that loss was pretty damaging for the Bulldogs, as they fell 13 spots to No. 72 overall, leaving Yante Maten and company on the wrong side of the NCAA Tournament bubble at this point.
Here’s how the entire SEC stands in the February 8 RPI:
Updated SEC hoops RPI following Wednesday’s action. Big rise for Texas A&M, and a big fall for Georgia. pic.twitter.com/NkVO2Nk0o3
— Blake Lovell (@theblakelovell) February 8, 2018
And here are the seven conference matchups set for Saturday, with each team’s RPI in parentheses:
- Florida (48) at South Carolina (63) – Noon EST
- Mississippi State (54) at Missouri (30) – 2 PM EST
- Auburn (9) at Georgia (72) – 3:30 PM EST
- Ole Miss (103) at LSU (81) – 4 PM EST
- Tennessee (10) at Alabama (42) – 6 PM EST
- Kentucky (17) at Texas A&M (20) – 8:15 PM EST
- Vanderbilt (118) at Arkansas (36) – 8:30 PM EST
Eight teams are currently projected to make the NCAA Tournament, but there’s still a long way to go to find out which teams will be dancing in March.
Want more SEC basketball discussion? Follow Blake on Twitter for daily analysis and on Periscope for regular live shows!